2014 Summer share #8
- Eggplant—Large shares received slender Japanese eggplant, the small shares received the lovely Italian variety. How’d you like the tiny fairytale eggplants last week? Aren’t they fantastic?
- Tomatoes—Orange Blossom varietal. So pretty in a raw salad.
- Cherry Tomatoes—Sungolds. We’ll keep these babies comin’ as long as possible. We just adore them!
- Cucumbers—Try these with a little jalapeno or serrano pepper, and loads of garlic in a super simple batch of fridge pickles.
- Bell peppers—Lovely large green bells for everyone and a few purple, red, and yellow to some lucky few. Our peppers are rockin’ strong, so you’ll get to enjoy many more of these!
- Hot Peppers—loads of Jalapenos for the small shares, and Serranos for the large shares. We’ve been eating all the stuffed peppers we can handle. Watch out! The serranos are quite hot.
Just 6 items this weeks but we’re hoping that the final few weeks will be very abundant. We know more melons (cantaloupe and some amazing heirlooms) are just around the corner and we’re still crossing our fingers for okra, though it sure is growing slowly. Enjoy everything in season!
We’d love to hear stories and recipes of your culinary adventures. Send us a note or post a comment of how you’re using your CSA share! And don’t forget to head on over to the Kitchen blog to see what we’re cookin’ up.
Large share: Orange Blossom tomatoes, Japanese eggplant, bell peppers, Sungold tomatoes, Serrano peppers, and cucumbers.
Small share: Cucumbers, Italian eggplant, Sungold tomatoes, Jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, and Orange Blossom tomatoes.
Jessica & Justin